If we have learned that you may not be old enough to manage your own account:
- You’ll have 14 days to either set up supervision for your account or verify that you’re old enough to manage your account. During this grace period you can log in and use your account as normal.
- If your account is through work, school, or another organization, your account may not be eligible for parental supervision. If that is the case, your account will be disabled immediately. You should contact your admin if you have questions.
- If you choose not to set up supervision or verify you’re old enough to manage your account within 14 days, your account will be disabled and your account information will be deleted after 30 days.
Set up supervision for your account
If you're not old enough to manage your own account, you can have a parent use their Google Account to set up supervision so you can continue using your account. You have 14 days after you entered your birthdate to enable supervision before your account will be disabled. After your account is disabled, you have 30 days to enable supervision before your account will be deleted.
If you do meet the minimum age requirements, you can verify your age with a government-issued ID that shows you meet the requirement. You may also have the option to verify your age with a credit card.
If you use a credit card, any temporary authorization will be fully refunded. If you use an ID, Google will delete the image after verifying your age.
Use a government-issued ID
Use a credit card
After we confirm that your credit card is valid, we’ll retain this data only as long as necessary to meet regulatory requirements for a credit card transaction.
If you use a credit card to verify your date of birth, you might see an authorization for a small amount on your account. This checks that your card and account are valid. Your card won’t be billed and the authorization will go away soon.
Check the status of your request
- Within the first 14 days, you can check the status of your request. If you have more than one account, make sure you’re signed in to the correct account.
- If your account is disabled, sign in as normal to view the status of your request.
Download data from your account
If you’re waiting for your account to be re-enabled or you can’t re-enable your account, you may be able to download and save account data from some Google Services.
Within the first 14 days, you can sign in to your account and download your data.
If your account has been disabled, you may be able to download and save account data from some Google services.