From the Google Workspace Dashboard, at workspace.google.com/dashboard, your users can find and open their services and other apps.
The user’s view of Dashboard
Dashboard shows a user's Workspace core services (such as Gmail) and apps you installed or turned on in the Google Admin console. Users can open their apps and install apps that you’ve approved.
At the top of Dashboard, users can use the search bar to quickly find their apps.
In the Your apps section, users can open their installed apps. Google Workspace core services are listed first, then other apps in alphabetical order. Note: Users can’t hide an app or change the order of apps.
The Approved apps section shows the Google Workspace Marketplace apps you approved for all users to install themselves. When a user clicks an approved app, they go to the Google Workspace Marketplace and follow the installation steps.
What users don't see in Dashboard:
- Google Workspace Marketplace add-ons. Users open add-ons from the app.
- Google Ads, Google My Business, and Google AdSense
- Google Analytics
- Your Google Admin console
Add apps to Dashboard
|Type of app||How to add to Dashboard|
|Google Workspace core service||
Turn on a core service for a group or organizational unit. Services are automatically added or removed from a user’s Dashboard.
For instructions, go to Turn a service on or off for Google Workspace users.
|SAML-enabled SSO app||
Turn on an app for an organizational unit.
For instructions, go to Pre-integrated SAML apps catalog.
|Google Workspace Marketplace app||
Install an app for your domain, an organizational unit, or your admin account. Options vary by app.
For instructions, go to Install Google Workspace Marketplace apps in your domain.
You have many ways to customize Dashboard for your users.
- Customize the support information users see (for example, how to request an app).
Note: Information you customize for the User Hub is automatically included in Dashboard.
- Go to workspace.google.com/dashboard
- In the top-right corner, click Edit admin message. The Google Admin console opens to the Account settings page.
Note: You must have the Domain settings administrator privilege.
- Click Support message.
- Enter a custom message and click Save.
Note: HTML formatting isn't supported—your message appears as plain text. However, you can create lines by pressing Enter. Also, if you enter a URL, it's automatically converted to a link.
- Decide whether all users can install Google Workspace Marketplace apps. By default, installation is turned off for Google Workspace for Education editions, and turned on for all other Google Workspace editions. For more information, go to Add Google Workspace Marketplace apps to your allowlist.
- Set up quick links to Dashboard for your users. Add a Chrome Browser bookmark or a computer shortcut.
- Share the Help Center article Get started with Google Workspace Dashboard with your users.
Using Dashboard or App launcher
You might want to share the following information with your users:
Users can open their apps in either Dashboard or the App launcher (in the top-right corner of the user’s window). Users with many apps may prefer Dashboard.
|Apps||Can be opened
|Can be opened
with App launcher
|Google Workspace core services||✔||✔|
|Additional Google services
(for example, Google Ads)
|SAML-enabled SSO app||✔||✔|
|Google Workspace Marketplace app||✔||✔ *|
|Apps approved for user installation||✔|
*Note: Google Workspace Marketplace add-ons don’t open in App launcher.