The Google One app lets you back up your phone and manage your Google account storage.
• Back up the important things on your phone, like photos, contacts and messages using the 15 GB of storage that comes with a Google account. If you break, lose or upgrade your phone, you can have the peace of mind of knowing the stuff you care about is safe on the cloud.
• See your storage across Google Drive, Gmail, Google Photos, and easily free up space within the app with the storage manager.
Upgrade to a Google One membership to get even more:
• Get as much storage as you need for your memories, projects and digital files. Choose the plan that works best for you.
• Get extra protection for your phone with a VPN that encrypts your online activity and helps keep your personal information safe
• Get exclusive access to Google experts for help with all of Google’s products and services. If you have a question or need assistance, our team of Google experts is just a tap away.
• Share your storage with up to 5 additional people. This gives each person access to more storage from your plan, but not access to each other’s files.
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best Managing of your Stuff App!
I think that this is a good app because it make seeing all storage or things you need to organize and makes it simpler to see. I don’t have to go through settings to see what I need to fix or move around when I can click this app and boom I can see things. Life made easy without the hassle, stress, and confusion so get the app if you need help with organizing on your phone!😉📲
Confused about backups
I’ve already got my iPhone syncing with my Google account for contacts and calendar. And I’m already using the Google Photos app to backup & sync my photos. So I have no idea what would happen if I also turned on backup for these items in the Google One app. Would it just make another backup wasting unnecessary storage? Or would it do nothing since I’m already syncing my Google account? The app needs to explain this!
I did try support chat to clarify, but the rep didn’t seem very knowledgeable, he just said it does a backup, but didn’t say how or if it is smart if you already are using Google photos or are already syncing your Google contacts and calendar (which makes me think it’s redundant for me).
In other respects (aside from backups), this app seems like it could be very useful for managing my Google storage space.
Dark Mode, Support for Workplace Account, and More Sync Options
The current app does not support dark mode.
If also needs to have more options for back up. Right now, it only allows to back up calendar, contacts, and photos. I know Apple doesn’t allow other cloud services to back up iPhone’s whole system storage, but that needs to change. Maybe it should start with google.
In addition, the app right now does not support Workplace accounts to use this service. I wonder why not? It’s not like workplace accounts don’t pay for the same service if not more expensively.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 145.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 100 GB $19.99
- 2 TB $9.99
- 200 GB $29.99
- 2 TB $99.99
- 5 TB $24.99
- 10 TB $49.99
- 30 TB $149.99
- 20 TB $99.99